Monday, June 29, 2015

The Dream

Today's Run:
Distance: 4:12 miles
Time: 41:35
Pace: 10'06"
Calories: 594
Power Song: Beautiful Day by U2

I am acquainted with a man who's family won the lottery. I don't know the exact amount but I know that the family shared the wealth. Some homes were bought, a business was bought, and a really nice car was bought. This car off the parking lot was $60K then after all his add ons became very quickly almost a $150K car. My buddy and I talked about the team, you know, the dream of when you win the lottery. When you really can do almost anything without any risk. 



I put some thought into this. What dream would I have? Here it is, my life dream.

If I didn't have to worry about money for the rest of my life I would quit my job and hire a personal trainer. I would want to reach my full potential physically. I would want to put in 6-8 hours of training every day and get in the best shape of my life. But not only would I want to be in the best shape of my life but I would want to be a real competitor in the Ironman Triathlon. I would want to get a personal trainer who know more than I and tell me what to eat, when to eat, how to train, and keep me motivated on those rainy days and Mondays. 



Of course there are other things I'd love to do, take my beautiful wife on a extended luxury cruise, travel the world, eat caramel Gelato ice cream in Italy, swim the Mediterranean, and sky the Swiss Alps. I would love to see some of the great landmarks. 

Lastly, I'd do all those stupid things that only adventourous people do. I want to swim the English Channel, swim with the Sharks, jump out of an airplane, and build an airplane from scratch. I would want to take up rugby refereeing as a full-time job maybe. I would want to climb Mt Everest, Mt Kilominjaro, then run from New York City to Los Angeles. 



So now you know why my wife has a difficult time with me. I have so many dreams, I have so many ambitions and so many goals. I love my wife for putting up with me. 

Love you babes!




No comments:

Post a Comment